Bridging Communities through strengthened COLLABORATION conference
For the 4th year, the Calgary Domestic Violence Collective (CDVC) is pleased to host Bridging Communities through Strengthened Collaboration, a one-day interdisciplinary conference on family violence prevention.
Date: November 19, 2019
Time: 9:00AM - 4:15PM
Location: Ross Glen Hall at Mount Royal University
Programming proudly includes Keynote Speaker Dr. Patricia Makokis, Ed.D., one of Canada's most outstanding indigenous leaders and experts.
Bridging Communities will also feature a number of break out sessions with various Alberta based speakers discussing a wide range of topics including:
- Indigenization of Services
- Domestic Violence and Family Mediation
- Multidisciplinary Collaboration towards Newcomer Resiliency
- Male Victims of Domestic Violence
- Evidence based practices in Alberta Community Corrections
- Understanding Sex Work in our Communities
*Tickets include lunch and are non-refundable.