SECOND ANNUAL BRIDGING COMMUNITIES CONFERENCE
Bridging Communities: An Interdisciplinary Conference on Domestic Violence Prevention
The Calgary Domestic Violence Collective (CDVC), with support from the Government of Alberta, is pleased to host the second annual one day Bridging Communities conference. Bridging Communities welcomes keynote speaker Dr. Christopher Wilson, a licensed psychologist and internationally recognized speaker and trainer from Portland, Oregon. We will also welcome local professionals who will speak on various topics in afternoon breakout sessions related to family violence prevention.
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (MDT) - Add to Calendar
Hotel Alma*, 169 University Gate NW
8:30 - 9:00 AM: Registration & Breakfast Buffet
9:00 - 9:15 AM: Welcome Remarks
9:15 - 12:00 PM: Keynote Speaker Dr. Christopher Wilson
Dr. Wilson is a licensed psychologist and internationally recognized speaker and trainer from Portland, Oregon.
12:00 - 1:00 PM: Lunch (Lunch provided)
1:00 - 2:30 PM: Presentations
*Please note seating is limited for some presentations
- Working with Male Victims with the Calgary Counselling Centre
- Shame & Honour Based Violence with the Calgary Counselling Centre
- Violence in Indigenous Communities is a Trauma Issue with HomeFront Calgary and Alberta Health Services
2:30 - 2:45 PM: Break Time
2:45 - 4:15 PM: Panel Presentations
*Please note seating is limited for some panel presentations
Panel # 1 - Children & Domestic Violence including:
- Parent Perceptions with the Faculty of Social Work & University of Calgary
- Supervised Visitation with YWCA Calgary
Panel #2 - Informal Support including:
- Engaging Men in Violence Prevention with SHIFT & University of Calgary
- Natural support work with ethno-cultural communities with the Ethno-Cultural Council of Calgary
- Women of Affluence experiencing Domestic Violence with Sagesse
Panel #3 - Coordination along the Service Spectrum including:
- Mapping the Cultural Navigator with REACH Edmonton
- Walking in the Steps of a Claimant with Legal Aid Alberta
- Domestic Violence Assessment Education in Primary Care Networks with Alberta Health Services
4:15 - 4:45 PM - Closing Remarks
*Please note there will be no refunds available for this event.
Conference accommodations are available through Hotel Alma - please contact email@example.com for further info on a disounted rate.
Registration for the conference can be found HERE