The Bridging Communities Conference is a collaborative and multilayered virtual learning series with a focus on family violence prevention. This one-day conference is designed to bring people together to build connections, increase knowledge, and advance our mission of addressing domestic violence. This day helps us reach our commitment to provide educational opportunities, increase public awareness, and engage our community in a common end goal: preventing domestic and sexual violence in Calgary.
Keynote Presenter: Dr. Michael Ungar
Michael Ungar, Ph.D. is the founder and Director of the Resilience Research Centre at Dalhousie University. His ground-breaking work as a family therapist and resilience researcher is recognized around the world, with much of that work focused on the resilience of marginalized children and families, and adult populations experiencing mental health challenges at home and in the workplace. Dr. Ungar has provided consultation and training to Fortune 500 companies like Unilever and Cigna, NGOs such as Save The Children and the Red Cross, and educational institutions and government agencies on five continents. He is routinely called upon by thought leaders such as the Boston Consulting Group and Canvas8. His work emphasizes how to use the theory of resilience to increase both individual and institutional agility during crises, with numerous organizations having adopted his concept of resilience as a negotiated process that enhances wellbeing and social responsibility.
Other presentation topics include:
- Responding to barriers to inclusive and equitable service delivery
- The leading change expansion pack
- Measures of victim empowerment
- Mental health, domestic violence and sexual violence during COVID-19: Supporting the supporters tools
- Not Alone: Group therapy as an effective community-based treatment approach for men who have experienced intimate partner abuse
- The Domestic Abuse Response Team (DART)
- Caring for those working in the Domestic Violence Prevention and Treatment Field
Register via Eventbrite